I'll be leaving next week, July 13, and will return Tuesday, July 25. I'll be going to the city of Vinnitsa. I'll will be with a team from my church (First Presbyterian Church of Columbia, www.firstprescolumbia.org) and our sister church there in Vinnitsa, Grace Baptist Church. We will be conducting a VBS each morning in a small village about 1 1/2 hours away. In the afternoons we will be visiting churches, retirement homes, conducting men's and teens' seminars, etc. One of our major goals is to help the church in Vinnitsa establish relationships in this village.
I have a few prayer requests:
- Pray for our traveling safety. We will be flying straight to Kiev with 2 short transfers in Washington D.C. and Frankfurt. As soon as we get through customs (not an easy task, I am told) we will board a bus and be driven 4 hours to Vinnitsa.
- Pray that all of our luggage arrives when we do.
- Pray for my family while I am gone. This is the first time my husband and I have been apart for so long (that's the part about the trip I don't like). I know he'll be fine, but I still worry about him.
- One of my brothers is also having major surgery while I am gone.
- Pray that relationships can be established.
- Pray that seeds would be effectively planted in the hearts of all whom we come in contact with - that the Holy Spirit would work in hearts and change them.
- Pray for cohesiveness amoung the team. 9 adults and 4 pre-teens/teens mean very different personalities.
I'll tell you all about it when I come back. Until then - Ciao! (I would say it in Ukranian, but I'm not sure how it's spelled.)
2 comments:
Don't know how to spell it, either, but it's something like "doh-pa-bochinya!" So glad you've created the site; hope to hear from you while you're gone. We'll be praying! --Kay
Sue and I too pray that your trip is successful not only for the team, but for the Kingdom of God as well.
Post a Comment