


Books, Puppies, & Life in General
Yesterday was the first slow day I've had since November 1. Yay!!! For some reason most people are surprised that I'm busy at Christmas. I do work in a church, which pretty much has non-stop services, concerts, etc., going on from Thanksgiving Day through Christmas. I literally created 11 bulletins in 3 days. Woo hoo! In that week was also held the last Session meeting of the year, which is the craziest meeting for me to get ready for.
When Christmas is over, those who know I'm busy for it have the expectation that I'm no longer busy until Easter. Au contraire, mon frere! I spend January getting ready for the new Session year and the big Congregational Meeting (budget, election of nominating committee, etc.) at the end of January. We had it early this year - this week in fact. Huge sigh of relief that it's over. And, I love the new Clerk of Session -- he's a godly man, worthy of respect, and does his own typing!
Sadly this week, I said goodbye to my good friend and coworker, Michelle, as she moves to a new job. I'm so excited for her, and she still goes to church here, but I don't get to see her every day now.
Dr. Ferguson's new book came out just in time for Christmas. Have you seen it? In Christ Alone is a compilation of 25 years of articles written for Tabletalk & other reformed publications. It's well worth having. Normally when he writes, he does it all by himself at home. But this time he needed help. The computer that most of the articles were written on and stored in was stolen. So I had the fun (yes, really) task of scanning and editing hard copies. Basically I got to "read" the book before it was a book. As a result I got mentioned by Dr. Ferguson in acknowledgements. Gracious, but unecessary on his part. Some people around here are making a huge deal out of it, which is rather embarrassing. I'm his secretary for goodness sake! It's my job to help him - and he makes it a joy to do so.
Moving on to other matters, Samson is growing like a weed. (He's almost 5 months old!) David says he has a puppy's brain in a big body. He's cutting his molars, but other than 2 pieces of furniture (sadly the antique secretary being one of them) and assorted socks and underwear, he mainly been interested in chewing on a big stick. He's also one energetic pup. It's funny to see him racing around the house on our wood floors only to try to come to a stop and slide 4-6 feet. David also says Samson loves me more than David. But he also likes to chew on me more than David. He likes to play with David more than me. Maybe that's because David is more aggressive with him, while I am the nurturer.
Okay, that's enough rambling for today. I'll tell you more soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment